This page is for Trust Accounting users.
NOTE: It is not possible to move properties from one company to another.
There are many ways to add a property:
- Through the Properties page +New Property button.
- The fastest way to add a new property is to click the + button on the black top banner, then select New Property. Properties can also be imported.
- Use the google map search to locate the property. This completes the address information.
- If you use google to find property, the address will be populated. Alternatively, type in address information manually.
- The Usage Type selected will alter the steps of the wizard. Commercial and Mixed-use properties will use areas. Residential and Mixed usage properties will have an option to add additional data relating to bedrooms, bathrooms, insulation, smoke alarms and pool fencing to be entered later in the wizard.
- The Type of Property, for example, Apartment, Commercial, Hospitality etc. You can add new property types.
- The Property Manager selected will receive all dashboard notifications concerning this property.
- Save and Continue to move to the next step in the Create New Property process.
Owner Ledger Details
Add Owner Ledger details, if the owner is not already a contact in your account, entering their name at this step creates a new contact, which you can add further details to after.
- Select a payment method and enter banking details.
- There are 4 owner statement types to choose from, select the most appropriate for your landlord.
- The Account for Owner Disbursement should already exist in your chart of accounts, it will be the same code used for all owners.
- The Expenditure Limit is displayed when creating maintenance tasks, and if an expense is entered for greater than this amount the user is prompted to authorise the expense.
- Select a delivery method for statements.
- Select which disbursement profiles this owner will be included in.
Areas are used to define the spaces within a property, add as many as are needed. All commercial properties need to have at least 1 area set up. The areas are used on the Tenancy Schedule report, as well as to determine the occupied % shown on the property summary screen. For Residential properties this step is skipped, areas can still be used, but need to be added after.
- Give each area a name, then select a type from the drop-down list.
- Size is compulsory for most area types, if you are not sure or if size is not relevant, set the size as 1.
- The annual rent will provide information for reports which compare your market rent to actual rent.
- If an area type is set to a type which is Non-Measurable it will not have space to enter a size or market rent. Common areas could be non-measurable.
Carpark Areas - set how many numbered carpark areas are required, to a maximum of 99, and they will be generated upon save. Carparks do not have a size and the Annual Market rent entered should be per space.
Click New Area to add more areas to the property. When all required areas have been added, select Next.
Add Property Details, if the usage type specified in the first step was Mixed or Residential the residential details section will be shown.
Add resources and key information to the property. Expand each section to complete the details. More than one of each record type is allowed, use the option to add more after each entry. All entries on this page are optional.
- Insurance policies are recorded against the contact listed as the Broker, and generate a dashboard reminder when due for renewal.
- Add Certificate of Title details.
- Add Valuation details.
- Generate multiple keys, once created the keys can be checked out.
- Upload as many Documents as required, these will be available in the property file and the Documents Library.
Add images to make using the software more colourful, and for easy reference later. Upload as many images as required. Images can also be appended to completed maintenance and inspection records. Usually, the images loaded in this area would be marketing images.
Drag photo's onto the screen, and drop to upload.
The Primary Image is the thumbnail used throughout Re-Leased.
The final steps to adding your property are displayed.
If you are recording Management Won KPI's, now is the best time to capture that information. Select Mark as Management Won to record date, source and member of staff for reporting.
Select View property fee rules to check that the fees in place match what you've agreed with the landlord.
View property to make adjustments or record more details about your property.