Once bank statement transactions have been imported or manually created, they can be reconciled.
After importing a bank transaction file the statement will show on the screen.
To reconcile a Client or Trust Account:
- Select Trust Accounts or Client Accounts on the green menu
- Select the account you want to import the statement for
- Click Bank Statements at the bottom of the page or the blue bank statements tile
- Click the blue tile under Status for the statement you want to reconcile or Import a Statement (or use a manual statement)
Transactions from the file appear on the left side of the screen, invoices and disbursements from Re-Leased will show on the right side.
- Any transactions where the reference and amounts are a perfect match will show in green. Click OK all green at the top to process receipts for all of these transactions.
- Some transactions may appear in orange, these are where the system has made a best guess, preview the details on the right and click OK only if these are correct.
- Use Find and Match on any transaction to select the invoice or payment it relates to.
- There is further information available explaining the colour coding available.
Using Find and Match
After processing all the green, and correctly matched, orange lines, use Find and Match to complete the reconciliation of all other transactions. For deposited amounts, the transactions available in the Find and Match screen will be invoices. For Withdrawals the available transactions with be payments processed using Disbursements or Tenancy Ledger Refunds.
What if there is no match?
When there is no invoice available to match received funds to there is an option to hold the funds against a tenancy ledger, or in the Suspense ledger.