For our Asia-Pacific customers, the term "Trust Account" is used, while European customers refer to it as "Client Account". It's important to mention that the Client/Trust Accounting functionality does not apply to customers in North America. For further information on regional terms, check out our Glossary of Regional Terminology.
In the owner communications section, you now have the flexibility to attach an owner's income and expenses with their statement. Plus, these preferences can be saved directly under an owner's contact details in the owner statement section, streamlining the process for future disbursements.
You can initiate sending owner statements even while they are generating by clicking the Email Owners button. Re-Leased will take care of delivering the statements via email to those owners who have chosen "Email" as their preferred send method once the statements are ready. Here are the options available:
- One email per statement: Each owner statement/ledger is sent in a separate email.
- One email - All statements in one PDF: All the owner's statements/ledgers are compiled and sent in one email, attached as a single PDF.
- One email - Individual PDF per statement (Coming in 2024): Owners will receive individual PDFs of their statements/ledgers in a single email.
[Add a screenshot showing how to select emailing options for owner statements]
- For owners using the combined residential owner statement, the new options will not affect the delivery method.
- When All statements in one PDF is chosen, each member of an owner group, as well as any additional recipients, will receive their own emails with a single PDF per group.
Income Invoices and Expense Attachments
By ticking the respective boxes for income and expenses, the related invoices and credit notes will be attached to the email:
- Income checkbox: Invoices and credit notes related to income shown on the statement will be included.
- Expense checkbox: Attachments linked to expense invoices and credit notes will be included.
Posting to Owners
Physical copies of owner statements along with the income invoices can be downloaded after the generation completes in Re-Leased. The download will include all income and expense attachments in a single PDF for those owners with "Post" as their send method. If there are non-PDF attachments, they will be unable to be included in the downloaded document.
Note: Owner statements will not be automatically downloaded or emailed if a send method has not been set for an owner. To update an owner's send method, select the appropriate option in the table next to the owner's details.
Sending Remittance Advice
- Emailing Creditors: Creditors with "Email" selected and an email address provided will receive their remittance advice electronically. You can add or update an email address next to the creditor's details in the system.
Posting to Creditors: If physical remittance advice is required, checking the "Post" option will enable you to download all the creditor remittance advices in a single PDF ready for printing and mailing.
See these related articles for further assistance:
- Article 1
- Article 2