The Area Types are the types of Areas you can select when setting up an area within a property. Manage Area Types by selecting Settings on the green main menu, setting the company to manage Area Types for, then click Area Types.
Areas can also be added during data entry, when setting up the areas for a property.
Managing Area Types in the Settings Menu
Manage Areas Types within the Settings Menu by selecting Area Types in the General section.
Area Types list
Click Create New Area Type to add an area type, or click the name link for an existing area type to make changes or archive it.
Adding a new General Area type
To add a new Area type, click on the 'Create New Area Type' button.
- Enter a Name
- Select a group - General is for normal lettable space which can include signage and communication aerials, this type of area will be included in vacancy and occupancy calculations
- Click on 'Save area type'
Adding a new Carpark Area
Car Parks are treated differently from other Areas. When adding carpark areas to a property file, the user can nominate a number of carparks to generate, up to 99, as individual areas.
If an Area is marked as a Car Park, it will not be used in calculations of Occupancy or Vacancy and can be filtered out of any Reports that use Areas.
Adding a new Non-Measurable Area
If an Area is marked as a Non-measurable, it will not be used in calculations of Occupancy or Vacancy and can be filtered out of any Reports that use Areas.
Importing Area types
To import a file with Area types:
- Click on the 'Import' button
- Use the 'Browse' button to select a file
- Verify that the contents are acceptable, by looking at the message panel on the right. If the check marks are green then the row will be imported.
- Click on 'Import' to import the values
Editing an Area type
To edit an Area type:
- Click on the name
- Make any changes to the name or area type
- Click 'Save area type'
Archiving an Area type
To archive an area type:
- Click on the Name
- Click on the 'Archive' button
- When asked if you are sure, click on the 'Archive this area type' button
Un-Archiving an Area type
To un-archive an area type:
- Select the 'Archived Area Types' tab
- Click on the 'Restore' link next to the name
- When asked if you are sure, click on the 'Restore' button
Adding an Area Type when setting up a new Property file
New Area Types can be added whilst adding Areas during the new property process. Select Add New at the end of the list.
Name the new area and select the appropriate group from General, Carpark and Non-Measurable.