The Insurance Types are the types of policies you can select from when adding insurance records to a property.
Manage the available Insurance Types by clicking Settings on the green main menu, selecting the appropriate company, then Insurance Types under the General Section.
Insurance Types can also be added during data entry.
Managing Insurance Types from the Settings Menu
Adding a new Insurance type
To add a new insurance type, click on the 'Create New Insurance Type' button, enter a name and click Save Insurance Type.
Importing Insurance types
To import a file with new insurance types, click on the 'Import' button to open the Import page.
- Use the 'Browse' button to select a file that contains your new records
- Verify that the contents are acceptable, by looking at the message panel on the right. If the check marks are green then the row will be imported.
- Click on 'Import' to import the values
Editing a Type
To edit an Insurance type:
- Click on the name
- Make any changes to the name
- Click 'Save insurance type'
Archiving a Type
To archive an insurance type:
- Click on the Name
- Click on the 'Archive' button
- When asked if you are sure, click on the 'Archive this insurance type' button
Un-Archiving a Type
To un-archive an insurance type:
- Select the 'Archived Insurance Types' tab
- Click on the 'Restore' link next to the name
- When asked if you are sure, click on the 'Restore this insurance type' button
Adding an Insurance Type when adding an Insurance Policy record to a Property file
Access the Insurance Type field during the New Property Wizard, or in an existing property by clicking Insurance on the left menu and opening an existing record or adding a new insurance policy. Select Add New from the end of the list of options.