Rent types are the types of rents that can be applied to Tenancies within the Rent template. They can also be given a default income account that will be used whenever that Rent type is used.
Manage available Rent Types and associated default accounts by clicking Settings on the green main menu, then selecting Rent Types in the General section. Rent Types can also be added during data entry when setting up Tenancy Rent templates.
Managing Rent Types in the Settings Menu
Rent Types List
Adding a new Rent type
To add a new Rent type, click on the 'Create New Rent Type' button.
- Enter the Name
- Select a default account, if required, from the account drop-down box
- Click on 'Save Rent Type'
Importing Rent type
To import a file with rent types:
- Click on the 'Import' button
- Use the 'Browse' button to select a file with the new records
- Verify that the contents are acceptable, by looking at the message panel on the right. If the check marks are green then the row will be imported.
- Click on 'Import' to import the values
Editing a Rent type
To edit a rent type:
- Click on the name
- Make any changes to the name
- Select a default account, if required, from the account dropdown box
- Click 'Save rent type'
Archiving a Rent type
To archive a rent type:
- Click on the Name
- Click on the 'Archive' button
- When asked if you are sure, click on the 'Archive this rent type' button
Un-Archiving a Rent type
To un-archive a rent type:
- Select the 'Archived Rent Types' tab
- Click on the 'Restore' link next to the name
- When asked if you are sure, click on the 'Restore this rent type' button
Adding Rent Type from a Tenancy Rent Template
Within a Tenancy Rent Template, when selecting a Rent Type, there is an option at the end of the list to Add new.
Add a Rent Type Name, and an optional Default Account, click Save Rent Type to add this new type to the list in the Settings menu.