Schedule the end date for a tenancy by Vacating the current term.
To enter Vacate details for a tenancy:
- select the tenancy
- click Terms on the left menu
- click Vacate Current Term
If this process is completed AFTER a rent invoice has already been raised for beyond the final rent due date, a credit will be calculated. An option to raise the credit note is offered on screen, raise the credit note before confirming the vacate details:
The Vacate Statement can be printed as a PDF to give to the tenant.
The Vacate Statement is divided into 3 sections:
- Unpaid Rent Invoices, which have already been issued;
- Future Rent, for invoices not yet issued, up to the final rent date;
- Outstanding Invoices, for any other amounts the tenant has been invoiced.
Whenever the final date of the tenancy does not line up with the end of a period, a pro-rated invoice will be generated based on a calculated daily rate. The same calculation is applied to each line of the rent template.