You can schedule the end date for a tenancy by Vacating the current term.
To enter Vacate details for a tenancy:
- select the tenancy
- click Terms & Breaks on the left menu
- click Vacate Current Term
Click the toggle switch if you wish to create an exit inspection. Click Continue
If the vacate process is completed AFTER a rent invoice has already been raised for beyond the final rent due date, a credit will be calculated. An option to raise the credit note is offered on screen, raise the credit note before confirming the vacate details.
The Vacate Statement is divided into four sections:
- Unpaid Rent Invoices, which have already been issued;
- Future Rent, for invoices not yet issued, up to the final rent date;
- Outgoings to Vacate
- Outstanding Invoices, for any other amounts the tenant has been invoiced.
The Vacate Statement can be printed as a PDF to give to the tenant.
Whenever the final date of the tenancy does not line up with the end of a period, a pro-rated invoice will be generated based on a calculated daily rate. The same calculation is applied to each line of the rent template.