Property expenses can be entered from a number of points:
- + Use the quicklinks menu on the black menu bar, then New Expense Invoice;
- Click Income and Expenses on the green menu, then use the green button drop down to select New Expense Invoice;
- Xero users may enter the expense as a Bill to Pay, as long as tracking is used, and properly set up, this will sync into Re-Leased as a property expense invoice. Attachments in Xero are not part of the API feeds available from Xero, so they will not sync.
2. Select 'From' for who the invoice is payable to, enter the issue date & due date
3. Enter the description for trust accounting clients this will appear on the owner's statement. Enter the relevant amount, chart of account code & tax type. There are two available tick boxes you can select. One to hold the expense invoice until the tenant pays the income invoice & the second to attach a copy of the expense invoice to the tenant's income invoice.
4. You can attach a copy of the expense invoice here. If you are using the Trust Accounting module the owner will receive a copy with there statement.
5. once you select the related property, if you have any specific accounts related notes against the property they will display here. To turn this feature on please see the article ;
This video runs for approx 5 minutes