Property expenses can be entered from a number of points:
- + Use the quicklink menu on the black menu bar, then New Expense Invoice;
- Click Income and Expenses on the green menu, then use the green button drop down to select New Expense Invoice;
- Xero users may enter the expense as a Bill to Pay, as long as tracking is used, and properly set up, this will sync into Re-Leased as a property expense invoice. Attachments in Xero are not part of the API feeds available from Xero, so they will not sync.
2. Select the Tenancy (Optional)
Option for trust/client accounting users to place a tick beside 'On-charge to Tenancy' which will raise an income invoice when expense is saved. It will bring up option below to 'Hold Invoice Until the On-Charged Invoice has been Paid'; if selected option to Save and Approve will disappear.
3. Select the Template
4. Select 'From' for who the invoice is payable to
5. Issue Date
6. Due Date
7. Reference (Optional). Xero users, this field is unavailable because it is not part of the Xero API feed and will not sync
8. Tax Exclusive or Inclusive
10. Quantity and Unit Price
11. Select Expense Account
Note that this will be automatically set if the contact in the 'From' field has a default expense account set
12. Tax Type will auto populate
13. Ledger or Property Tracking
14. Attach a file.
- Save as Draft saves the invoice to the Draft area of the Expense Invoices list, it needs to be approved before it can sync to Xero or be disbursed;
- Save and Submit for Approval saves the invoice to the Awaiting Approval list, it can be approved in Re-Leased or Xero;
- Save and Approve saves this invoice and it will be available to disburse for Trust or Client Accounting users, Xero users can match this to a payment or use it to process a batch payment.
This video runs for approx 5 minutes