All funds in a trust account are stored in ledgers. In Re-Leased ledgers are divided into groups:
- Rental ledgers, one each property, for funds held on behalf of the owner (See Adding Landlord Ledgers)
- Sales ledgers, one for each sale
- Tenancy ledgers, for residential tenants this ledger is automatically added when the tenancy is set up, it is also possible to add ledgers for commercial tenants
- Bonds (or Deposits), one ledger to hold all bonds
- Other ledgers - these can't be linked to properties
In addition to this some users might add a Rental Ledger for their own company, with no associated property, to hold fees charged from tenants and any other company owned funds.
To view the ledgers for each account:
- Click Trust Accounts or Client Accounts on the green menu bar
- If there is more than 1 bank account, select the account you want to view ledgers for
- Click on the link to a ledger type
Depending which link you clicked, you will see one of the ledger lists. Use the tabs at the top to view other ledger types or All ledgers.
Use the green New Owners Ledger button to add owners ledgers, use the drop down on the same button to add other types of ledgers.
Each entry contains:
- A link to the ledger, which shows a list of transactions and options to edit the ledger.
- An Owner link, which opens the contact for the owner, when viewing tenancy ledgers this will be a link to the tenancy instead.
- A Property link, which opens the property.
- Clicking the withheld amount shows all currently withheld amounts, and options to withhold funds.
- Current balances, the Available balance is BEFORE fees and creditors are paid.
- A Magnifying glass to expand the selected ledger and show the potential disbursable balance.