Income invoices are used to raise charges against tenants or other contacts for non-rent items. See Invoicing Rent for instructions on raising rent invoices.
Raise income invoices using the + quicklink menu, from the Invoices tab of the tenancy or from the Income and Expenses area.
If the invoice is raised from the tenant invoices area, some fields will be already filled in.
1. Select Related Property
2. Select Related Tenancy (if Income from a tenant)
3. Select Template
4. Select 'To' field
5. Select Issue Date
6. Select Due Date
7. Select Reference (Optional)
8. Tax Exclusive or Inclusive
9. Description of Invoice
10. Select Quantity and Unit fields to enter price
11. Select Income Code (from Chart of Accounts)
12. Tax type - will auto populate upon COA being selected
13. Ledger or Xero Tracking
14. Add attachments
Save the Income Invoice:
- Save as Draft saves the invoice to the Draft area of the Income Invoices list, it needs to be approved before it can sync to Xero or be disbursed;
- Save and Submit for Approval saves the invoice to the Awaiting Approval list, it can be approved in Re-Leased or Xero;
- Save and Approve saves this invoice and it will be available to disburse for Trust or Client Accounting users, Xero users can match this to a payment or use it to process a batch payment.