Users connected to Xero or using Re-Leased without accounting functionality need to raise Rent Invoices, see Invoicing Rent.
For accounts with Client Accounting or Trust Accounting, there is an opening balance function available for tenants who have a current rent which started in the past, and no payments recorded against any invoices yet.
To set an opening balance for a tenants rent:
- open the tenancy file
- select Rent on the left side menu
- click Set Opening Balance
- enter the Rent paid to date, the options available will depend on the rent template start date, if these dates are not correct, adjust the rent template first. The system will make invoices from the day after the paid to date, up to the current rent.
- the payment date is the last time the tenant made a rent payment
- if there are any part payments towards the period following the rent paid to date, enter them here, they will appear as payments on the opening balance invoice for the oldest period.