The Close of Period function allows users to take a snapshot in time of their Trust Accoand captures all the reports required for audit purposes.
It is recommended to run a close of the period each month:
- After all bank statement transactions for the month have been imported and reconciled.
- After processing any disbursements for the end of the month. This is especially important if you have selected 'Periodic Statements' in your Trust Account settings.
Launch the Close of Period from the Trust Account home screen by clicking the Close Period link in the trust account tools at the bottom of the page.
Check the month is selected correctly and click Start Close of Period Wizard
1. This will always be the current date
2. Check this date is correct, if you missed a previous close of period it may need to be reset
3. Click on "start close of period wizard to continue
4. Tick each box for each item
5. Save and continue
You will see the notification that the reports are being prepared and may take a little while. Once they have generated you will be emailed.
From the Trust Accounting / Client Accounting home page, the most recent Close of Period can be accessed by clicking on the grey tile.
The previous Close of Period log and reports can be accessed from the Close of Period history tab.
1. Access previous close of period reports
2. Access Close of Period reports and option to undo most recent Close of Period
This video runs for approx 3 minutes: