Repeating expense invoices can be used for any kind of regular expense.
To add a new repeating expense invoice:
- Click Income and Expenses on the green main menu;
- Click the Repeating Expense heading;
- Click New Repeating Expense Invoice;
- Select the Company.
Filling in the invoice template
- Set how often this invoice should repeat;
- Set the next due date, this must be in the future;
- Set how the due date will be calculated;
- Optional, set an end date;
- Select a status from Draft, Awaiting Approval and Approved.
The draft is handy when charges vary but you want a reminder of who to raise charges for, for instance with metered power.
The invoices generate to the draft invoice list where you can add the pricing and approve them;
Tick Email approved invoices if the status is Approved, and the invoices will be automatically emailed;
Fill in invoice details as usual Expense Invoice
- Select a Related Property, if there is one;
- Select a Related Tenancy, if there is one;
- Enter who the invoice is From;
- Optional, add a Reference, bear in mind that this will be re-used for each occurrence of the invoice, so should be generic with no dates included;
- Select if amounts are entered including or excluding tax;
- Add a description, quantity, price, and income account code;
- The Tax Type will automatically fill in when the account code is selected;
- The Ledger or Xero property tracking category will be automatically selected based on the related property, if required, this can be changed;
- Add as many lines as required;
- Optional, attach documents;