Repeating expense invoices can be used for any kind of regular expense.
To add a new repeating expense invoice:
- Click Income and Expenses on the green main menu;
- Click the Repeating Expense heading;
- Click New Repeating Expense Invoice;
- Select the Company.
Filling in the invoice template
- Set how often this invoice should repeat in days, weeks, months or years;
- Set the Next Invoice Date, this must be in the future. If the frequency is set to months and the selected date is the last day of that month, a checkbox will be shown which allows you to specify that the invoice is always generated on the last day of each month (rather than, say, the 30th of each month). Note if the day selected is the 31st of the month, the system will assume that it should always be generated on the last day of the month and the checkbox will not appear;
- Set how the due date will be calculated;
- Optional, set an end date;
- Select a status from Draft, Awaiting Approval and Approved.
The draft is handy when charges vary but you want a reminder of who to raise charges for, for instance with metered power.
The invoices generate to the draft invoice list where you can add the pricing and approve them;
Tick Email approved invoices if the status is Approved, and the invoices will be automatically emailed;
Fill in the expense invoice details as usual
- Select a Related Property, if there is one;
- Select a Related Tenancy, if there is one;
- Enter who the invoice is From;
- Optional, add a Reference, bear in mind that this will be re-used for each occurrence of the invoice, so should be generic with no dates included;
- Select if amounts are entered including or excluding tax;
- Add a description, quantity, price, and income account code;
- The Tax Type will automatically fill in when the account code is selected;
- The Ledger or Xero property tracking category will be automatically selected based on the related property, if required, this can be changed;
- Add as many lines as required;
- Optional, attach documents;