Once you have set up your arrears rules and templates, the system will automatically pick up any invoices that match the criteria specified in your rules. You will be notified via the Arrears dashboard tile if you have any arrears to be actioned.
Click on this tile to access the Arrears Hub to manage these arrears notices.
- Bank Statement Summary - This shows you the date and time of the last statement imported and whether there are any transactions or previous statements that have not yet been reconciled. This gives you an indication of whether the bank reconciliation process is up to date and whether there could be any rent payments that have not yet been reconciled against these outstanding invoices.
- Tabs -
- Company - You can choose whether to show arrears for a single company or all your companies.
- Manager - Filter the arrears by a Property Manager
- Rules - You can have several rules set up
- Account - Show only those tenancies with overdue invoices that include one or more selected expense accounts. If one line item on an invoice uses one of the selected accounts, the entire invoice amount that is overdue will be included in the arrears amount for the tenancy.
- Tenancy - The tenancy name and address are displayed here with a link back to the tenancy for your convenience.
- Arrears - The total amount the tenancy is in arrears is shown here, with the number of days overdue (from the oldest overdue invoice) and the number of invoices overdue.
- Send To - The tenancy contacts that are set to receive Arrears Notices are listed here. Notices can only be sent to additional contacts if the primary contact has also been selected. Click the tenants name to view or edit their contact details.
- Delivery Method - Shows you how the arrears notice will be sent to each tenancy contact. This depends on whether the contact has an email, mobile or postal address available, if the permission to email notices option has been checked on the contact details page, the delivery method selected in the arrears rule. These settings can be edited here by clicking on the delivery method link.
- Send Notice - Select this option if you would like to send the arrears notice to this contact. Clicking the box at the top will select all contacts on the page.
When you have selected the arrears notices you want to send out, click Send Arrears Notices. Note that only notices selected on the current page will be sent.
The Rent Arrears Notice Summary will display where you can confirm emails sent, letters to download for printing and text messages sent.
Click Continue to Arrears to be taken back to the Arrears Hub.