Once you have set up your arrear's rules and templates, the system will automatically pick up any invoices that match the criteria specified in your rules. You will be notified via the Arrears dashboard tile if you have any arrears to be actioned.
1. Select Dashboard
2. Click on this tile to access the Arrears Hub to manage these arrears notices.
- Click on Bank Statement Status - This shows you the date and time of the last statement imported and whether there are any transactions or previous statements that have not yet been reconciled. This gives you an indication of whether the bank reconciliation process is up to date and whether there could be any rent payments that have not yet been reconciled against these outstanding invoices.
- Tabs - Multi-tab view of arrears by days. Actionable tenancy arrears are arrears with rules applied to them and notices requiring action
- Company - Choose whether to show arrears for a single company or all of your companies.
- Property Manager - Choose whether to show arrears for a single property manager or all of your property managers.
- Rules - Filter by the arrears rule sets you have created
- Filter by Account - Show only those tenancies with overdue invoices that include one or more selected expense accounts. If one line item on an invoice uses one of the selected accounts, the entire invoice amount that is overdue will be included in the arrears amount for the tenancy.
- Tenancy Ledger Balance - Choose whether to show the Tenancy Ledger Balance for the tenancy. Note that the Tenancy Ledger Balance will only show for Trust Accounting Companies. Click on the balance on screen to take you to the Tenancy Ledger.
- Unallocated Credits - Choose whether to show any Unallocated Credits against the tenancy (ie. credits that haven't been applied to an invoice yet). Click on the credit amount on screen to take you to the Tenancy Invoices area to view the unallocated credit note(s)
- Tenancy - The tenancy name, address and area are displayed here with a link back to the tenancy for your convenience.
- Outstanding Invoices - The total amount the tenancy is in arrears is shown here, with the number of days overdue (from the due date of the oldest overdue invoice) and the number of invoices overdue.
- Total Tenancy Arrears Position - This is the total of Outstanding Invoices minus Unallocated Credits.
- Send To - The tenancy contacts that are set to receive Arrears Notices are listed here (Account contact is included as mandatory). Click the tenant's name to view or edit their contact details.
- Delivery Method - This shows you how the arrears notice will be sent to each tenancy contact. This depends on whether the contact has an email, mobile or postal address available if the permission to email notices option has been checked on the contact details page, the delivery method selected in the arrears rule. These settings can be edited here by clicking on the delivery method link.
- Checkbox - Select the checkbox at the top if you would like to send the arrears notice to all contacts on the page, otherwise make individual selections.
- Send Arrears Notices - Once you have completed step 14 and chosen who to send correspondence to, click "Send Arrears Notices". Note that only notices selected on the current page will be sent.
The Rent Arrears Notice Summary will display where you can confirm emails sent, letters to download for printing and text messages sent.
Click Continue to Arrears to be taken back to the Arrears Hub.