Setting up your account:
- Create Company
- Integrate with Xero (Xero Users only)
- Create Properties
- Create Tenancies
NA: Integration with Xero can be skipped and completed any time after the company is set up.
Adding a Company
To add a company select 'Settings' then 'Manage Companies'. Here you can manage your current companies and create a new company.
- Click on company name to view or edit details
- Billing Group is your account name with Re-Leased, your clients will not see this.
- Name of the entity which owns the properties.
- Location is important, it sets when the date changes from one day to the next.
- If you are connecting to Xero, leave this section blank. If you are a trust accounting/client accounting or a stand-alone user, this information appears on tenant invoices.
- The postal address is used for report headers. For non-Xero users this information will appear on tenant invoices.
- Generate Invoices: can be on the due date or up to 1 month in advance.
- Invoices need to be raised as approved for automatic emailing to work.
- Default Billing Basis is in arrears: If left unticked, rent is due on the first date of the rental period, if ticked invoices will be due at the end of the period. Automatically Email Approved Invoices: This can be overridden on a per tenancy basis. Enable Invoice Generator: Invoices are only generated if this option is selected.
- NA: Invoices only email if they are generated as Approved and the contact has a valid email address. For rent invoices to send, advanced settings within the tenancy need to be switched to automatic emailing.
- This option allows you to copy general settings from another company. Company logo appears on report headers, work orders and for non-Xero users it appears on invoices.
- Don't forget to save any changes.
- Tick beside any existing users who should have access to this company. Additional users can be added later in the setup.
- Advance notification of periods selected here will be issued to new users when they are added. Users can change these at any time.
- Optional field: select preferred inspection frequency applicable for repeating inspections, this can be overridden on a per inspection basis.
- Custom property reference is available for all properties and must be unique. You can change the name of the field here.
- Optional: track winning and losing properties and tenancies.
- Disclaimer added to quote and work orders e.g. health and safety or insurance disclaimer.
Select 'Connect to Xero' to establish Xero connection. Tax Types and Chart of Accounts will copy from Xero to Re-Leased upon connection. Xero can be connected at a later date if necessary.
This step is applicable to Xero users only. The Xero connection is 1:1 that is, one Re-Leased company can connect to only one Xero company, vice versa.
After setting up Company, and Xero connection if Xero user, the company wizard process will show Tax Type field.
If you have connected with Xero, tax types will be showing. Once connected, Tax Types can only be changed in Xero.
If you are not connected to Xero, add required tax types now using the Create New Tax Type or Import buttons.
Chart of Accounts
If you have connected with Xero, your Chart of Accounts will be showing. Once connected, Chart of Accounts can only be changed in Xero. Chart of Account codes added in Re-Leased prior to connecting with Xero will be merged with the Chart of Accounts in Xero when you connect.
If you have not connected to Xero, add required Chart of Account codes now using the Create New Account or Import buttons. You will be unable to complete data entry for your Tenancies without the appropriate revenue Chart of Accounts set up.
Add in any new users. You can import, invite or create a user. Import can be used to bulk upload users, inviting a user sends an email invitation to the user who then sets up their user details (including password), creating a new user sets up the new user with all details including a password.
User roles can be seen to the right of the username and email. User roles are Administrator, Account Manager, Property Manager or Read Only.
Modify Company Settings
The minimum requirements for setting up a new company are now complete.
Select Modify Company Settings to work through all the options available when setting up Properties and Tenancies and customise these to suit your portfolio. If you selected Copy Company Settings in Step 1 of the Company Set Up Wizard, or set up General Settings another time, select Skip this step to completing the new company set up.