Note: the term tax is displayed in the terminology set for the region.
Once a user has been granted access to create tax returns (see Income and Expenses Permissions) there will be an additional section on the Income & Expenses tab.
In the Tax Return section a list of previously completed tax returns will be shown and there is the option to create a new return.
After selecting 'Create Tax Return' a company and an owner need to be selected.
The first time a property owner is selected, the following must be set up:
- tax number - if this already exists on the property owner contact it will be pulled through otherwise it will be added back to the owner contact
- accounting basis - currently only invoice basis is available
- tax period frequency - how often a return needs to be completed for this property owner
- first tax period start date
- this is the start date of the first tax return that will be created within Re-Leased for this property owner. Once a tax return has been created the start date cannot be changed
Once these have been set, select 'Edit Settings for Owner' to make any changes.
Next step : View the Tax Details