Once the Service Charge Budget is created, the details can be viewed. The view is split into 4 tabs:
- Client Contribution
The Summary tab (below) displays a summary of the draft budget. Item 1 below shows the budget tool bar. Different options will be displayed depending on what the budget status is. Item 2 is Manage Expense Accounts, and by clicking you can make any changes to the expense accounts included in the schedule set in step 4 of the create budget process
For a service charge budget in draft, the following options are available:
- Edit - make any changes to the budget details set in step 1 of the create service charge budget process
- Edit Tenancy Concessions - make any changes to the concessions for each tenancy
- Manage Budget Areas - include/exclude areas from the service charge
- Create Schedule - create a new schedule to add to the service charge
- Approve Budget - once the budget is ready, the approval process can begin (link into approval process)
Under Tenancy Details, the following Tenancy Outgoing Concessions can be set on commercial and mixed tenancies:
- Cap - enter the maximum the tenant will be charged for the budget
- Collar - enter the minimum the tenant will be charged for the budget
- Fixed Amount - enter the amount the tenant will be charged for the budget
- Percentage of Rent - enter the percentage of the tenant's rent amount that will be charged for the budget
- Rent Inclusive/Gross - the tenant is charged for the budget with their rent amount
The service charge budget can be archived from this view.
The Detail tab below displays an expanded view of the service charge budget details. Each schedule row can also be expanded and collapsed in this view and the budget can be archived from this view.
- Changes the display of service charge budget allocations per area across the expense codes in the schedules between percentages and amounts
- Click to view the tenancy (opens in a new tab)
- Edits the schedule created in step 3 of the create budget process
The Client Contribution tab below is available when viewing a Budget and shows the Client's expected liability based on the budget.
The Client Contribution tab is grouped by Area and shows the expected liability (over or under allocation) as a result of:
If there are no liability items for the Client, then the contribution will be $0.
The Reports tab below allows you to generate the following 3 reports. Once the budget is approved, further reports are available
Next: Approving a Budget