When a company has lost the ability to connect to QuickBooks Online due to changes in either system Re-Leased will notify you that access has been revoked and a red banner message will show below the Re-Leased menus. The user who established the connection will also receive an email with a link to start the connection process.
There is no need to notify support when you experience revoked status unless it happens frequently.
Only users with permission to manage add-ons will see the message. Users without this level of permission may notice invoices failing to sync.
QuickBooks Online access can be revoked from time to time for a number of reasons, unless the connection is lost frequently there is nothing to be concerned about. No data will be lost. You should re-establish the connection as soon as you notice it has been revoked.
These are the most common causes of revoked access:
- QuickBooks Online trial period expired: If you have a Trial period that has expired, you will need to resolve this in QuickBooks Online before your connection can be restored.
- Changes to user levels in QuickBooks Online: If the user who connected the Re-Leased company to the QuickBooks Online company is no longer authorised in the QuickBooks Online company the access will be revoked.
- 'Disconnect App' was selected in the Connected Apps page of the QuickBooks Online account.
- Server Maintenance and Software Upgrades: Occasionally there is an upgrade to either Re-Leased or QuickBooks Online which impacts the API feed, on these occasions, the connection can be lost.
- API Incidents: QuickBooks Online may be experiencing an outage that is affecting the API.
Reconnect to QuickBooks Online using the 'Reconnect to QuickBooks Online' link provided on the banner message.
The steps are almost the same as connecting for the first time.
Select Continue and Connect to QuickBooks.
Sign in to your QuickBooks account
Select the QuickBooks company you want to sync with Re-Leased and then Next
The Sync From Date will already be populated with your original sync from date, if you originally synced for all time it will be blank. Sync for 'all time' is no longer available, if you have previously used this option you now need to select a date.
Invoices and Credit Notes which are dated BEFORE the date you select will still be visible in both Re-Leased and QuickBooks but changes won't be shared, so the best option would be either as far back as you need to capture your oldest invoices or the most recent period lock date in QuickBooks. Check the invoices in the 'Income and Expenses' area to see what the oldest item is.
If you later unlock a period in QuickBooks that is prior to your 'Sync From' date, the connection can be disabled from QuickBooks or Re-Leased, and re-connected using a different date to allow edited items to update.
Once the sync starts, it could take some time to complete. You can continue working while this takes place.