This is the process your tenant will go through once you have enabled Re-Leased Pay and they choose to pay with Pre-Authorized Debit. For now, this process will have to be repeated for each invoice.
1. Once they receive their invoice, they will see the Pay Online button
2. If they have multiple invoices available to pay, they will be shown a list where they can select which invoice to pay before selecting how to pay. If they only have one available invoice, they are taken to the choice to either pay with Credit Card or Pre-Authorized Debit
3. When they choose to pay with Pre-Authorized Debit, they are redirected to a checkout where they enter in their name and email address
4. They are then asked if they'd like to verify instantly by logging into their bank account or by using micro-deposits. If they decide to use their bank account, they log in to their bank and select their account then they can confirm the payment. If they decide to use micro-deposits instead, they add their bank account information so Stripe can send them 2 micro deposits. The tenant will then have to verify these before the money can be taken from their bank account and then paid out to your nominated bank account.
5. When their payment is successful, they will see the payment success screen and be sent an email confirmation
There is a fee associated with using Pre-Authorized Debit. The fee can be found here.
What happens in Re-Leased?
When the tenant clicks Pay, the invoice is immediately marked as paid in Re-Leased with a payment method of Pre-Authorized Debit. It will also be shown in the Payments Hub with a status of processing.
There is a possibility that the payment is unsuccessful. This could be due to either the tenant having insufficient funds in their account or their bank not authorizing the payment. If the payment is unsuccessful, the following will happen:
An email is sent to all users in the company with Administrator user role notifying them of the failed payment, as well as:
An email is sent to the tenant notifying them of the failed payment