For our Asia-Pacific customers, the term "Trust Account" is used, while European customers refer to it as "Client Account". It's important to mention that the Client/Trust Accounting functionality does not apply to customers in North America. For further information on regional terms, check out our Glossary of Regional Terminology.
This guide is aimed at providing you with a comprehensive overview of how to navigate and comprehend the owner ledger balance screen in your Client/Trust Account. It's designed to help you quickly interpret the financial standing of each property or owner and execute account-related actions with ease.
Accessing the Owner Ledger Balance Screen
To access the detailed breakdown of rental ledger balances:
- From the Client/Trust Account home page, click on "Owner Ledger balance" to proceed.
- Utilize the filtering options to include archived ledgers or to exclude ledgers that do not have a balance, focusing on owners with funds.
Understanding Ledger Summary Information
The ledger summary will display several pieces of relevant information:
- Ledger Name: Click to review transactions or modify ledger details.
- Owner Name: Click to access the owner's contact information.
- Property Name: Click to view the property in question.
- Withheld: Click on the displayed amount to add or change withhold particulars.
- Pending: These are payments that have been disbursed but are yet to be reconciled.
- Current Balance: This indicates the ledger's total balance, including any receipts that have not been cleared.
- Uncleared: A portion of the current balance representing funds that have not yet been cleared.
- Available: The ledger's balance minus uncashed funds; click the magnifying glass icon for a detailed overview of available funds.
- Creditor Current Balance: Overall amount due for expenses or income credit notes still payable. To view details, click on the property link, navigate to Invoices > Expenses tab and apply the 'Approved' filter to see due amounts to creditors.
- Fees Current Balance: Amount due for various fees, visible by clicking on property or owner links, then selecting Fees.
Potential Disbursable Balance: The sum that could be paid out to the owner if a disbursement were to be made immediately. Note: a negative value often indicates no payment is due to the owner. Adjustments for owners owing for creditors and fees are available under Settings > Client/Trust Accounts.
See these related articles for further assistance:
- Article 1
- Article 2